Top Tips For Your Travels
Looking to travel soon? Prepare for your trip with expert tips from our Health nutritionist, Wellbeing and Lifestyle Coach, Yvonne Wake.
1) Keeping mobile when you are in a plane is crucial. Don't feel embarrassed to stand up, move your legs around, wave your arms around, and do this every 30 minutes if you are totally static in your seat. If you are able to be in a more flat space, practice yoga poses like happy baby, or child's pose. Stretch out! To help give your body an instant refresh, use Revive Body Gelwhich features Grapefruit and Rosemary to help energise. Spot apply the gel to the legs to help with fluid retention whilst flying. This cooling gel can also be applied over tights and stockings for an instant boost of energy.
2) Staying calm and practising some yogic breathing for a few minutes as you travel can be so helpful, and de-stressing. Take ten deep breaths in through the nose and then slowly out through the mouth. Use up all the breath. To aid with your breathing techniques use Support Breathe Essence. The refreshing blend of Eucalyptus, Peppermint and Tea Tree essential oils are the perfect travel companion to ward off any unwanted germs. Apply 2 to 3 drops onto a tissue and inhale deeply.
3) Nutrition: we all know that airplane food, as well as snacks at any train station or gas station are all made from the least healthy ingredients. Be prepared! Take a box of salad, to include avocado and hard boiled egg for protein, and sustenance. Take some small packets of nuts and raisins, and dried fruit to stay energised.
4) Water. The best friend to remember to take with you. Stay hydrated whilst you travel. Don't rely on cups of coffee as this will dehydrate you even more, although one cup is totally fine!
5) Only fall asleep if you are being watched over - but dosing off for those power naps will give you renewed energy for the rest of the trip. The Aromatherapy Associates Relax Eye Mask is a travel essential to help you sleep and relax during travels. The lightly scented cushioned eye mask is scented with natural lavender to help calm whilst the velvet lining blocks out light to ensure you optimise your sleep.
6) Airports, train stations and cars are not the best places to be for long periods - be prepared for delays, and they wont seem half as daunting. Close your eyes and meditate whenever possible for those peaceful moments and renewed energy.
- Melissa Chong